A blog representing a college's student view of life through Art, Poetry, and more...

Friday, July 23, 2010

Poem of the Day

The Light is so bright. It hurts to look up.
I hold the dark on my back constantly trying to look up.
“Look down” says the light
“Don’t you dare try to be higher than me” – the light
“Look down” says the light
“You can never be me”- the light
“Look up” says my heart
“Look up” says my spirit
“You are not the light but you do not have to be”- heart and spirit
“Look up” says me
“You are inferior to no one and you make your own light”- me
“So look away while I shine brighter than you. Look away while I make your nightmares come true…”-me
“Look away while I do my thing”- me
“Look away light don’t look down and don’t beat yourself down while I become my own light.” - ME

No comments:

Post a Comment