A blog representing a college's student view of life through Art, Poetry, and more...

Monday, October 11, 2010

Arguements

I have realized that I think differently. Many of the environment issues discussions and English 104 discussions I think something totally different. In English my mind mixes art, other literature, other years, other perspectives, and other genres. I mix all of these to examine a book or even a line. My mind wanders about what the author was thinking and why in the "classical"/old books do they go into such details. So much so that they loose the reader. In environmental issues my mind base things on my beliefs that it is all humans fault, that the money we need is worth losing to save the environment but in reality these things will not be able to happen because of the human's complex, that everything revolves around them and that if it is not immediate satisfaction then it is not needed. Also that the environment is the last thing on every one's point of interests lists and that even though many people are doing small tasks it is still not enough to make a major dent in society's debt to the environment. I am not saying that if enough people get together and actual change that it won't make a dent I am saying currently no affect. I think about all these things in class and in environmental issues they listen but go somewhere else with it and in English I am always shot down like no that is not the way to interpret it. He constantly says that "its possible but..." It makes me think that many English professors are stuck in their error they know so much about their subject and have mastered it but that is it. They have read every criticisms and everything but they can not apply new thoughts or different ones to what they know. It is like putting mayonnaise on a PBJ for them, but that is English professors for you. FYI: I have had four previous English professors already. I am not a master at their complex,yet, but I know a little something.

2 comments:

  1. well there are 3 sides to every truth, your truth, the other person's truth and what really happened. try looking at it from their point of view as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do look at it from there side too but this about me and my beliefs. This post wasn't really about truth and lies or right and wrong. I was just stating my perspective and how I see these classes and professors.

    ReplyDelete